Exergy Solutions is an engineering consultant offering end-to-end, fit-for-purpose, lab-scale and pilot-scale equipment for research and innovation. We have been operating in Calgary since 2013 and opened our X-Lab in 2020, offering state-of-the-art industrial 3D printers and post-processing solutions, as well as a wireless augmented and virtual reality studio. We work with clients in a variety of sectors including energy, utilities, healthcare, education and manufacturing.
We are looking for a talented and self-motivated Additive Manufacturing CNC Machining Lead to join our growing team. If you enjoy working in a culture that loves creativity, experimentation and innovation, then this will be a great fit for you. This position will lead our CNC machining services, carrying out all job planning, CNC programming, work holding & tooling selection, machine setup, and 1st article inspection activities.
This is an opportunity to work with and learn cutting-edge technology in the field of additive manufacturing!
- Plan and estimate CNC machining operations as required, from both billet and additively manufactured (3D printed) work pieces.
- Identify appropriate job work holding and tooling.
- Program CNC machining operations.
- Maintain quality control / part inspection records.
- Help develop and standardize shop floor procedures and documentation.
- Train junior and intermediate CNC operators as needed.
- Report budgetary, scheduling, and project milestone data to stake holders.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience showing increasing level of responsibility and work complexity.
- Intermediate to expert level CNC programming of 2-axis lathes and 3-axis mills (minimum). Multi-axis / live tool turning and 4/5 axis milling experience is preferred.
- Experience machining a variety of part types, geometries, and materials including nickel alloys, titanium, hardened steels, high performance polymers, and composites in a high mix, low volume environment.
- Strong job planning and estimating skills.
- Completion of a minimum 2-year certificate program in machining, manufacturing, mechanical design, or engineering technology.
- Completion of a Mechanical Engineering degree would be optimal.
- Manual machining experience.
- A Journeyman Machinist, Interprovincial Red Seal.
- Strong knowledge of turning and milling cutting tools, tool holding, and work holding systems.
- Strong blueprint reading and understanding of GD&T.
- Working knowledge of CNC machine construction, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical systems for the purposes of preventative maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Ability to check machine alignment and to perform minor realignment procedures as needed.
- Experience working within an ISO9001, API, and/or AS9100 quality management system.
- ERP/MES experience (Jobboss, E2, Proshop, Odoo, Dynamics, etc.).
- Basic knowledge of Additive Manufacturing (3D printing) processes, and equipment.
- Experience using basic measuring and inspection tools and techniques.
- Familiarity with non-contact 3D scanning, and CMM programming/operation is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive relationships, take initiative, and manage multiple relationship and deadlines efficiently and effectively.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in MS Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent people skills, capable of working in a collaborative work environment with personal commitment to get the job done.
- Exceptional attention to detail and possesses strong organizational and planning skills.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Common physical demands are as follows: repetitive lifting of up to 50 lbs, extended periods of standing, periods of intense visual concentration (CNC programming, etc).
This successful candidate must have position is a combination office / workshop environment located in Calgary, Alberta. Any additional site-specific training and certifications required will be provided.
We thank all for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Must be legally able to work in Canada, sponsorship is not available for this role.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please apply in confidence, we thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.