Exergy Solutions is an engineering consultant offering end-to-end, fit-for-purpose, lab-scale and pilot-scale equipment for research and innovation. We have been operating in Calgary since 2013 and opened our X-Lab in 2020, offering state-of-the-art industrial 3D printers and post-processing solutions, as well as a wireless augmented and virtual reality studio. Exergy works with clients in a variety of sectors including energy, utilities, healthcare, education, and manufacturing.
Exergy is looking for a talented and self-motivated Additive Manufacturing Project Engineer to join our growing team full-time. If you enjoy working in a culture that loves creativity, experimentation, and innovation, then this will be a great fit for you. This role will coordinate and motivate additive manufacturing project teams to produce high value results for our clients and stakeholders utilizing Exergy’s fleet of industrial 3D Printers. This is an opportunity to work with and learn cutting-edge technology in the field of additive manufacturing.
- Manage projects to identify, design, and manufacture 3D printed parts to be utilized by our major clients.
- Develop project scope and objectives, procedures, data collection methods, and performance standards.
- Maintain budgetary, scheduling, and project milestone oversight and report regularly to stakeholders.
- Develop and foster relationships with key stakeholders.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- An Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Engineering.
- A licensed Professional Engineer of Alberta in good standing with APEGA.
- Minimum 5 years in a Manufacturing environment, construction and/or operations supporting the Oil and Gas industry, including at least 2 years of responsibility as a project manager, program manager, technology deployment manager, or business manager.
- Understanding or desire to learn advanced materials or material science.
- Completion of a certified project management program is considered an asset.
- Experience in government grant research techniques, strategies, and technical writing.
- Sales / Business Development experience and training is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive relationships, take initiative, and manage multiple relationship and deadlines efficiently and effectively.
- Superior computer skills and proficient in MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent people skills, capable of working in a collaborative work environment with personal commitment to get the job done.
- Exceptional attention to detail and possesses strong organizational and planning skills.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position is based in an office environment located in Calgary, Alberta. There will be required travel between two locations within the city, where additional hazards may be present. Any additional site-specific training and certifications required will be provided. Please note that Exergy is following all Covid-19 Alberta Health regulations and working from home, wearing a face mask, and following all Covid-19 protocol is required at this time.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please apply in confidence, we thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.