Exergy Solutions Inc. is looking for a Financial Business Analyst to join our growing team full-time. If you enjoy growth in a start-up style environment and working in a culture that loves creativity, experimentation, and innovation, then this could be a great fit for you.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Financial Business Analyst will work closely with other members of the Executive and Senior Management Team. If you are a strategic, highly motivated, detail-oriented individual who enjoys working as part of a team in a dynamic and entrepreneurial work environment then this is the role for you!
- Assist with periodic reporting requirements related to government funding and grants.
- SR&ED filing and set up a process to maximize SR&ED claim.
- Work with project managers to understand the status of projects, including but not limited to man hours, expenses, budget tracking.
- Collaborate with an outsourced bookkeeping firm to help manage month end.
- Prepare and review full cycle general accounting entries such as Revenue, COGS, SG&A AP, AR, Invoicing, Amortization schedules and reconciliations.
- Create and monitor an inventory account cycle.
- Handle multiple task and deliverables in a fast paced and growing organization.
- Develop and assist with month end reporting, scorecards, KPIs and variance reporting.
- Work with QuickBooks Online and other related apps such as Harvest, Plooto and Receipt Bank.
- Other duties as required.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Minimum 3 years post CPA designation with CPA in good standing.
- SR&ED and other related tax experience, government grant applications or other related experience is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of professional services organizations.
- Ability to conduct financial analysis and proficiency BI data analytics tools, PowerBI experience is considered an asset.
- Proficiency in app technology and ability to leverage tools to meet business needs for decision-making analysis.
- Capable of working with multisystem applications, software tools and the capability to deliver process improvement opportunities to consolidated or enhance our current tools.
- Experience in or exposure to financial modeling, both short and long term forecasts.
- Quick learner and comfortable working autonomously with little direction.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit, knows what it takes to work in a small team and implement processes for future scalability.
- High level of energy and enthusiastic to figure out what is needed before it is asked.
- Not afraid to provide recommendations and attempt to anticipate questions.
- Strong interpersonal skills working with diverse groups, both internally and externally.
- Ability to balance day to day requirements without losing focus on longer term deliverables.
- Excellent reconciliation skills and keen eye to find commonality between similar and/or different data from multiple sources.
- Proficient in MS Office tools including Excel, MS Teams, Planner, PowerPoint.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position is based in an office environment located in Calgary, Alberta. There will be required travel between two locations within the city, where additional hazards may be present. Any additional site-specific training and certifications required will be provided. Please note that Exergy is following all Covid-19 Alberta Health regulations and working from home, wearing a face mask, and following all Covid-19 protocol is required at this time.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please apply in confidence, we thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All candidates must be legally required to be able to work in Canada.