Summary of Position:
Exergy Solutions Inc. is looking for a talented and self-motivated Business Development Manager – Agile Engineering and R&D Services to join our growing team and take our unique business solutions to the next level. If you enjoy growth in a start-up style environment, working in a culture that loves creativity, experimentation and innovation, then this could be a great fit for you.
Reporting to the VP of Technical Services, the Business Development Manager – Agile Engineering and R&D Services will develop relationships with relevant businesses, government and academic organizations and accelerators to market Exergy’s agile process and mechanical engineering, research & development and pilot skid fabrication services. They will lead all proposal development in these service areas, ultimately negotiating and closing deals.
This position requires a highly motivated and established business development or salesperson with an appetite for delivering new and innovative engineering and manufacturing technologies. If this sounds like you, we invite you to read on.
- Build extensive interest and support around Exergy’s technologies, demonstrating the value of Exergy’s unique solutions;
- Actively seek new business opportunities and secure new projects in a wide variety of industries, supporting Exergy’s overall business development strategy and achieving growth targets;
- Research companies and key players in the industry and develop sales funnels for target markets;
- Build relationships with other stakeholders in the same space;
- Demonstrate awareness of other innovative engineering and manufacturing technologies/solutions as well as key accelerators;
- Attend and present at conferences;
- Maintain social media presence;
- Develop and negotiate proposals and prepare internal documentation;
- Seek and apply for relevant government funding to support proposals;
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships; and
- Update and maintain CRM database with accurate and current client information.
Key Relationships / Clients / Organizations / Industries:
- Western Canada and North West USA Accelerators
- Alberta Innovates, ISED, IRAP, WD, ERA, CRIN, COSIA, etc.
- Cleantech, oil sands, oil and gas, pulp and paper, mining, petrochemicals, etc.
- Experience with relationship-based sales;
- Strong contacts within the target relationships above;
- Technical or Engineering background;
- Prior industrial sales or business development experience with a demonstrated ability to develop proposals, close the deal and meet or exceed organizational targets;
- Experience working with or selling to major players in the Oil and Gas and Oil Sands industry;
- A knowledge of, and passion for, innovative technologies;
- Exceptional networking and relationship building skills;
- Relationships within the cleantech and clean resources space;
- Insight into government funding programs; and
- Negotiation ability and contract and proposal writing skills;
Position 3-5 year Outcomes:
Exergy has expanded its client customer base and customer mix and continues to demonstrate accelerated growth with revenues doubling over the last three years. We aim to be the leader in helping industry achieve its R&D related goals in an agile fashion. The successful incumbent will support our growth trajectory and ensure we achieve industry-leading status.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is in an office environment located in Calgary, Alberta. There will be travel between two locations within the city required in this job, where additional hazards may be present. Any additional site-specific training and certifications required will be provided.
If you feel that you are uniquely qualified for this position, we invite you to apply before November 30th.
We thank all applicants for the interest; however, only those who meet the closing deadline and most closely match Exergy’s requirements will be contacted.