Exergy Solutions Inc. is looking for an extremely talented Chief Financial Officer (CFO) with 10+ years of experience in financial leadership roles to join our growing team. If you enjoy growth in a start-up style environment and working in a culture that loves creativity, experimentation and innovation, then this could be a great fit for you.
Reporting to the President, the CFO has direct, hands-on responsibility for the Finance, Controller and Accounting functions and will be a key member of the Executive Leadership team, creating value through the development of corporate and operational financial reporting and objectives, and in providing strategic guidance to the President.
We are looking for a strategic, highly motivated and detail-oriented individual who enjoys working as part of a team in a dynamic and entrepreneurial work environment.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to the President to help create and drive the strategic direction of the Company
- Oversees and manages monthly forecasting of income and expenditures
- Establishes and maintains internal budgets and KPIs
- Develops and ensures compliance to Internal Controls
- Oversees and manages monthly tax management:
- Monitoring and filing SRED claims
- Performing required tax accounting
- Management of accounting systems and tracking projects:
- Accounts Payable and invoicing
- Accounts Receivable
- Managing Projects such as setting up KPIs and reports for business leaders
- Raising capital to fund growth
- Manages external relationships with financing and grant stakeholders
- Managing bank relationships
- Managing funding agencies and required reporting
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Post-secondary education in Accounting and Finance
- CPA designation
- Previous experience in a senior financial leadership role is required
- A team player who is willing to be hands on with day-day financial duties and functions
- Ability to develop strong internal relationships to lead improved and measurable operational performance
- Experience managing capital in a sophisticated manner, making decisions as to allocation of capital and future growth opportunities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superb people skills, capable of working in a collaborative work environment with a personal commitment to get the job done
- Exceptional attention to detail and possesses strong organizational and planning skills
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is based in an office environment located in Calgary, Alberta. There will be required travel between two locations within the city, where additional hazards may be present. Any additional site-specific training and certifications required will be provided.