Summary of Position:
Exergy Solutions Inc. is looking for an Electrical Engineer on a part-time contract basis, with a desire to work on a Heavy Oil New Technology pilot project. Your knowledge, ability to work in a team environment and strong work ethic will allow you to excel in this role. If you enjoy growth in a start-up style environment and working in a culture that loves creativity, experimentation, and innovation, then this could be a great fit for you. We are looking for a strategic, highly motivated, and detail-oriented individual who enjoys working as part of a team in a dynamic and entrepreneurial work environment.
- Performs engineering tasks and difficult engineering work efficiently and accurately.
- Extracts engineering information from CAD drawings.
- Prepares engineering computations, material quantity takeoffs, estimates, surveys, and designs.
- Provides technical guidance to CAD Drafters, Designers, and lower-level Engineers working on the same project.
- Prepares detailed requisitions for equipment and materials.
- Reviews supplier drawing submittals and performs technical bid analyses.
- Prepares and issues specifications, datasheets, and other construction documents.
- Will be required to provide the seal and signature as a professional engineer, ensuring compliance with all applicable codes, regulations, and ordinances.
- May act in an advisory capacity to senior management personnel on engineering related matters.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and 8+ years of related work experience.
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Alberta
- Proficiency in utilizing software packages typically associated with Electrical Engineering is required.
- Experience in low voltage and medium voltage heavy industrial design and ETAP modeling maybe required.
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- As this is a Contract role the Contractor should be Inc./ Ltd. and the following must be in good standing:
- Liability insurance
- GST number
- Hours for this role will be determined, approximately 20-30 hours per week.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position is based in an office environment located in Calgary, Alberta. There will be required travel between two locations within the city, where additional hazards may be present. Any additional site-specific training and certifications required will be provided.
Please note that Exergy is following all COVID-19 Alberta Health regulations and working from home. Wearing a face mask and following all COVID-19 protocol is required at this time.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please apply in confidence. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.