Meet Exergy Solutions!
Exergy Solutions Inc. (Exergy) is leading the way in enabling industry’s transition to a low carbon future. How? We accelerate clean energy and process-related technology development and deployment for our clients through the unique integration of rapid prototyping, field-scale piloting, digital solutions and advanced manufacturing. Our team is agile and innovative, and we’re Western Canada’s largest additive manufacturer. We have a state-of-the-art additive manufacturing facility in the University of Calgary’s Life Science Innovation Hub with industrial 3D printers and post-processing solutions as well as a wireless augmented & virtual reality studio all supporting a world-class industrial technology testing and scaling space.
We work with oil & gas sector leaders as well as clean technology providers, and are actively expanding our industrial client base to include other sectors. We help our clients dramatically reduce their carbon footprint while improving their bottom line through new technologies and novel processes. We also provide additive manufacturing services to a wide range of client types spanning all sectors. Our unique “one team” agile approach requires a high level of collaboration and commitment from Exergy’s staff while working closely with our clients, bringing both quality and passion to the job every day.
Be a part of Alberta’s emerging technology sector and join our growing team!
Exergy is looking for full-time communications and marketing advisor. This position will be building Exergy’s communications and marketing programs from the ground up, so if you enjoy working in a culture that loves creativity, experimentation, and innovation, then this will be a great fit for you.
The advisor will report into the sales and marketing team and will lead employee and external communications for Exergy. If you’re a self-starter and up for being a leader and driver of change in the organization, this might be the position for you!
- Develop Exergy’s strategic objectives for both external and internal communications that support the goals of the organization.
- Develop content for communications plans; key messages; fact sheets; brochures; speaking notes; editorials; letters to the editor; press releases; statements; social media postings and other content as required.
- Support staff with external communications, including grant applications, presentations and notes for speaking engagements, etc.
- Support the design and content development for the Exergy website, Intranet and social media channels.
- Lead the development of marketing collateral, for both print and digital applications.
- Manage existing sponsorships and donations and evaluate and make recommendations for corporate philanthropy and employee volunteerism.
- Liaise with external contractors and coordinate photography, graphic design and audio/video production.
- Lead the development of reporting and analytics that can inform decision-making on campaigns, web traffic and social media.
- Act as a project manager to ensure end-to-end tactical execution of communications plans, production schedules, editorial plans and outreach efforts.
- Act as the central point of contact for all media requests including sourcing data, drafting statements and seeking approvals.
- Develop and maintain templates and processes to capture corporate knowledge, document external communications protocols to streamline the delivery of services.
- Stay current on emerging technologies, trends and best-practices in the areas of communications and measurement/analytics.
- Manage Exergy Solutions’ Communications budget.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in communications, public relations, marketing, or related field; a combination of education and experience will be considered.
- 4-6 years of experience in marketing and communications.
- Accreditation with CPRS or IABC would be an asset.
- Exceptional writing, copyediting and proofreading skills and knowledge of CP Style with high degree of attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to manage contractors and project teams.
- Proven understanding of integrated marketing campaigns is an asset.
- Experience in producing a variety of communication and marketing materials aimed at various audiences such as: external/internal communications, marketing collateral, web, email, e-newsletters and social media content.
- Experience with design and layout tools (Canva, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) and strong working knowledge of design principles.
- Strong understanding of digital analytic tracking and reporting.
- Web content management and basic HTML skills would be considered assets.
- Photography and videography skills would be considered assets.
- Previous experience in the energy and/or technology sectors is an asset.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, Hootsuite and social media platforms.
Sound like you? Click on the link below to apply. Make sure you include your resume, cover letter, a recent sample of your writing.
We thank all for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.