Exergy Solutions Inc. (Exergy) is leading the way in enabling industry’s transition to a low carbon future. How? We accelerate clean energy and process-related technology development and deployment for our clients through the unique integration of rapid prototyping, field-scale piloting, digital solutions, and advanced manufacturing. Our team is agile and innovative, and we are Western Canada’s largest additive manufacturer. We have a state-of-the-art additive manufacturing facility in the University of Calgary’s Life Science Innovation Hub with industrial 3D printers and post-processing solutions as well as a wireless augmented & virtual reality studio all supporting a world-class industrial technology testing and scaling space.
We help our clients dramatically reduce their carbon footprint while improving their bottom line through new technologies and novel processes. We also provide additive manufacturing services to a wide range of client types spanning all sectors. Our unique “one team” agile approach requires a high level of collaboration and commitment from Exergy’s staff while working closely with our clients, bringing both quality and passion to the job every day.
Be a part of Alberta’s emerging technology sector and join our growing team!
About the Role
Reports to: VP of Clean Technology & Innovation.
Exergy is seeking a qualified contractor to support its clean energy technology consulting services. Exergy is uniquely positioned to support industry in identifying and evaluating clean energy technology solutions while also directly supporting the clean energy technology community in advancing their technology at our X-Lab through providing engineering design, prototyping, and commercial-scale building of process technologies. Exergy is filling contract positions as new opportunities/projects arise, with the potential for full-time employment in the future.
- Lead and manage clean energy/greenhouse gas technology consulting projects working closely with client.
- Conduct Techno Economic Assessments (TEAs) of technologies including GHG performance evaluation.
- Evaluate technical and environmental risks of energy technologies.
- Support “desk top” (e.g. literature reviews, interviews) technology research through honed research skills including proactive outreach to innovators and leaders in the innovation ecosystem.
- Communicate reports effectively to clients.
- Leads team in creation and execution of reports.
- Keeps up to date on latest technology and trends with the clean energy industry.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Client relationship management based on proven consulting experience.
- Strong understanding of a range of chemical processes and mechanical designs.
- TEA experience.
- Familiarity with GHG emissions.
- Strong report development and presenting skills.
- Research and analysis skills (identifying new technologies, understanding, and evaluating process mechanisms).
- 5+ years professional consulting experience.
- P.Eng in good standing with APEGA (or relevant provincial association).
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is an office environment located at Exergy’s location in Calgary, Alberta. There will be travel between two locations within the city required in this job, where additional hazards may be present. Any additional site-specific training and certifications required will be provided.