Exergy Solutions Inc. is looking for a talented and self-motivated Office Administrator to join our growing team. If you enjoy growth in a start-up style environment, working in a culture that loves creativity, experimentation, and innovation, then this might be a great fit for you.
Reporting to the VP of Technical Services, the Office Administrator will be required to perform an array of organizational administrative duties including providing front desk support at the X-Lab. Additional responsibilities consist of assisting departmental leaders with various administrative items, general office administrative duties, and providing schedule management support to the VP of Technical Services.
We are looking for a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual who enjoys working as part of a team in a dynamic and entrepreneurial work environment. If this sounds like you, we invite you to read on.
- Work closely with leaders to assist in the setting up of various operational processes;
- Provide reception support, greeting and meeting visitors in the lobby for tours and meetings;
- Act as a shipping and receiving point of contact, supporting Project Engineers in placing and tracking equipment and in shipping orders to customers;
- Maintain kitchen and office supplies, and keep areas neat and tidy;
- Support all departments in managing various document storage;
- Support grant administration activities;
- Provide HSE administration, including maintaining PPE inventory and keeping everything clean and in its place;
- Help manage the calendar of the VP of Technical Services, organizing meetings and providing needed materials in advance; Maintain VP’s itinerary on a daily, weekly and monthly basis;
- Provide VP with workshop and meeting support, with a specific focus on calendar bookings, logistics and minutes;
- Give special attention to preparing the office for sales tours, ordering lunches and booking conference rooms
- Provide guest support by arranging key cards, desk space and general IT access;
- Run errands on occasion.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- The ability to work independently and take initiative;
- The ability to uphold a strict level of confidence on sensitive and confidential matters;
- Relevant post secondary education would be considered an asset;
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Speedy minute and note taking abilities;
- Superb people skills, capable of working in a collaborative work environment with a personal commitment to get the job done;
- Exceptional attention to detail and possesses strong organizational and planning skills;
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards, as well as commitment to showing great care in everything you do.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is an office environment located at the X-Lab in Calgary, Alberta.
We thank all applicants for the interest; however, only those who meet the application deadline and most closely match Exergy’s requirements will be contacted.