Exergy Solutions Inc. (Exergy) is leading the way in enabling industry’s transition to a low carbon future. How? We accelerate clean energy and process-related technology development and deployment for our clients through the unique integration of rapid prototyping, field-scale piloting, digital solutions, and advanced manufacturing. Our team is agile and innovative, and we are Western Canada’s largest additive manufacturer. We have a state-of-the-art additive manufacturing facility in the University of Calgary’s Life Science Innovation Hub with industrial 3D printers and post-processing solutions as well as a wireless augmented & virtual reality studio all supporting a world-class industrial technology testing and scaling space.
We help our clients dramatically reduce their carbon footprint while improving their bottom line through new technologies and novel processes. We also provide additive manufacturing services to a wide range of client types spanning all sectors. Our unique “one team” agile approach requires a high level of collaboration and commitment from Exergy’s staff while working closely with our clients, bringing both quality and passion to the job every day.
Be a part of Alberta’s emerging technology sector and join our growing team!
About the Role
Reports to: VP of Clean Technology & Innovation.
Exergy is seeking a qualified contractor to support its clean energy technology consulting services. Exergy is uniquely positioned to support industry in identifying and evaluating clean energy technology solutions while also directly supporting the clean energy technology community in advancing their technology at our X-Lab through providing engineering design, prototyping, and commercial-scale building of process technologies. Exergy is filling contract positions as new opportunities/projects arise, with the potential for full-time employment in the future.
- Oversee early Technology Readiness Level (TRL) prototyping at Exergy’s X-Lab at the University of Calgary Research Park.
- Engage and manage client relationships.
- Work directly with client and Exergy staff, including Additive Manufacturing and design engineering team, to oversee prototyping development.
- Lead or support the design of continuous and batch systems for numerous process types including cold-flow, electrochemical, gaseous (H2, CO2), heat-based treatment, etc.
- Work closely with additive manufacturing team to develop custom parts.
- Other duties as assigned
- Engineering degree (undergrad or higher) with 10+ years of professional engineering experience.
- Hands-on experience building prototypes and/or field pilots.
- Mechanical skills.
- Strong flowsheet skills, CAD experience, and preferably design software experience such as Solidworks or Inventor.
- Strong understanding of a range of technology processes and mechanisms.
- Field and lab experience.
- Comfort with an agile approach to technology development – fast paced, iterative, applying “scrum” and “sprint” approach working closely with project team (Exergy staff and client).
- P.Eng in good standing with APEGA (or relevant provincial association).
- Proven client relationship management.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is an office environment located at Exergy’s location in Calgary, Alberta. There will be travel between two locations within the city required in this job, where additional hazards may be present. Any additional site-specific training and certifications required will be provided.